Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Anna's Cinderella Mural

Anna loves the Disney Princesses, especially Cinderella. Before we moved, I had plans to make her room into a princess wonderland featuring Cinderella. I didn't get a chance to start, but I'm so glad I was able to do that here at this house. Anna's room is so much bigger and better here!

On June 8th, 2010 I took the life-sized drawing of Cinderella that I had done on paper and transferred it onto the wall that Anna's bed is on.





Then, I began to paint, starting with Cinderella's dress and headband:



Just before I ended for the night, I took this picture of Anna with her developing mural. You can tell she's very excited about it!



The next day, I started first thing and got the entire thing finished.

Adding the light blue:



All painted, before the detail line work:



Finished:


Two Princesses:


I plan to paint flowers of various sizes cascading down the walls and I hope to have "Princess Anna" painted above her headboard. I still need to paint the trim in her room a darker shade of pink.

(Look for another post soon with the work on the curtains.)

No comments:

Post a Comment